Civic Leadership Fund
A note to our friends: As part of our 2013 Civic Leadership Fund annual appeal, the Community Foundation of Greater New Britain mailed to donors and friends a full-color brochure, "Where Good Begins," that captures the good work of the Community Foundation. Please feel free to view it here.
Thanks to our Corporate Champions, supporting our Civic Leadership Fund at the $5,000 and above level:
Dear Friend of the Foundation,
How do you define leadership?
At the Community Foundation of Greater New Britain, we strive to be the philanthropic leader in Greater New Britain – through actions not words, through vision not hindsight. We bring people and resources together to affect the kind of positive change that can mean a brighter future for Berlin, New Britain, Plainville and Southington.
Your financial support as a member of the Community Foundation of Greater New Britain’s Civic Leadership Fund empowers us in this leadership role, to continue the good work we have begun together.
And we are leading:
• Our First Years First early childhood development initiative embodies bold choices that inspire measurable change. From the local board of education to the governor’s office, we are building partnerships, convening policy-making sessions and taking a strong stand for our children. Thanks in part to our advocacy, all four CFGNB-served communities now offer full-day kindergarten, and our strong voice contributed to the landmark creation of the state Office of Early Childhood. Your donation will help us continue to improve early childhood education in all of our towns.
• Writing checks to address community needs is no longer the tonic it once was. Our community needs strong leaders who are part of the solution – and we are embracing that role. Yes, community grants remain central to who we are (arts, culture and heritage, education, and health and human services can always count on CFGNB), but our grant making today is backed by assertive efforts to nurture relationships, build bridges and coordinate community-wide effort. Your donation will allow us to continue supporting local non-profits that play a vital role in our communities.
Since 1941, citizens like you have turned to the Community Foundation of Greater New Britain to make their charitable dreams come true. We honor that trust every day through our actions and deeds – through our leadership – to make our communities the best they can be.
Please join us on this worthwhile mission. Support your Community Foundation today. After all, we are Where Good Begins.
Jim Williamson Phyllis A. Kindelan, Chair
President/CEO Board of Directors
* Donate securely with your credit card on-line (Civic Leader: $5,000; Benefactor: $1,000-$4,999; Special Friend: $500-$999; Advocate: $250-$499; Supporter: $100-$249; Associate: Up to $99)
* If you would prefer to mail a check, download our Civic Leadership Fund Response Card.
* To donate by credit card over the phone, please call (860) 229-6018, ext. 305.
* View the full-color PDF version of our Civic Leadcership Fund appeal.